There are lots of worries and questions always swimming the mind of outgoing corp members, especially when it’s like a month to the POP ceremony.
Some among the many questions include: “What is the POP going to be like; where will it be taking place; what are the things to bring along” and many more.
But trust me, these are no longer going to be any problem by the time you will be through with reading this article. Nysc tales will always lead you by hand from start to finish as she have promised.
The Passing Out ceremony is a very important activity to any serving corp member as much as it is to Nysc body as a whole.
It is the last arm of the scheme; i hope you don’t forget the 4 major arm of Nysc: Orientation course; PPA; CDS and POP. You can check here in case you have forgotten.
It’s a very important activity in your life as a corp member and also a day to look forward to. Any corp member that failed to participate in this event have just wasted his/her time serving for a whole year.
So, these are what you are eexpected to get in place before the day comes:
How should i appear for it?
Who are the people to expect?
What will i be needing?
- Your Nysc I.D card: This is very important. This I.D card will determine if you are going to collect your certificate on that day or not. If you have misplaced yours, you should better get it before the passing out day. Or better still, you can go and collect an affidavit from the nearest customary court before that day to address that kind of case.
- Final clearance; You will also need the final clearance letter issued to you in your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). Mind you, it’s the original copy that will be requested. If you don’t have the original copy, they won’t issue your certificate to you. They will want to see the original stanp ink on the clearance to confirm its authentic and original.
- The attestation clearance given to you in your Nysc local government secretariat before that day will also be requested.
How will everything go?
Things you must do before you leave the officials’ table
- Your certificate: It may sound funny. But i must never forget to tell you, in case you are the over-anxious type. You must remember to collect your certificate after having signed against your name. Because after signing, it shows that you have collected your certificate. If you come back latter asking for it, no one will respond to you.
- Check the name on the Certificate: You must ensure you check the names written on the certificate issued to you. If it’s not your name, you should quickly call their attention to it so they could change it to yours.
- sometimes, for one reason or the other, some names on the Certificate may be mispelt. In that case when you notice one error or the other on your certificate, quickly and politely let them know about it so they could correct it. Do not say it doesn’t matter. Am telling you, it does matter. It is better you correct it there when you can still do rather than wait for latter times.