The Beit Trust is a partnership between three South African universities and six UK universities to finance those who want to study and pursue a degree. The universities’ collaboration helps to spread costs, in order to increase the number of scholarships that the Beit Trust can fund.
About The Scholarship
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
- Host countries: UK or South Africa
- Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
- Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Scholarship Worth: check Benefits (section below)
- Nationality: Africans
- Application Deadline: February 11, 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship
- Only students from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi who are resident in and who are willing to return to their countries on completion of studies are legible.
- Candidates can apply for two-year taught master’s program in South African university and one-year taught master’s program in UK University.
- All candidates (in exception of medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2021.
- Doctors and Veterinary doctors must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2021.
Benefits of The Scholarship
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses are fully covered.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Another stipend is offered for arrival, departure and a computer.
- Economy class tickets to the destination of study and for the final return will be paid.
- Any expenses that may arise in 2022/23 due to residual Covid protocols will be covered
How to Apply
Interested candidates must apply by following the procedures as outlined:
- Apply to any of the partner universities in the United Kingdom or South Africa and be accepted to a postgraduate course.
- The partner university should be notified that he/she will be approaching the Beit Trust and should also indicate any work experiences.
- The Trust should be notified once application has been submitted to the partner university and should be told which course chosen for application.
- Please Confirm your nationality to the Trust; Zambians’ application forms should be sent for confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates from Zimbabwe and Malawi should send their forms to email@example.com.
- You can upload Applications, and all supporting documents online via the scholarship application link before the deadline.
You may also apply: University of St. Andrews International Excellence Scholarship, UK 2022/2023
- A Medical Certificate Form with signature of your doctor. This step needs to be done before you begin the application process below, to download the form, Please check the following link: Form for Medical Certificate.
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document listing the university/s and course/s you chose to apply to at South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement (less than 500 words) explaining in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will help your country and its growth.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: a photograph that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, with clear date of issue and expiry shown.
Visit the official webpage to apply www.beittrust.org