There are two semesters in the academic year, St. Martin’s Day and Candlemas. During the vacation period, more than 1/3 of the city’s residents are university staff or students.
Its student population is exceptionally mixed: more than 145 different nationalities with 45% of students coming from outside the United Kingdom; approximately 1/8 of students are European Union nationals; and the other 1/3 are from abroad – 15% of them from North America alone.
The University of St. Andrews offers an environment that is comfortable and supportive for ongoing work and study opportunities abroad. A number of its students will enjoy being future leaders, as well as playing an important role in making the world a better place and solving its challenges.
About The Scholarship:
- Host University: University of St. Andrews;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 25,000£;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Available Subjects: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: February 1st, 2022.
The International Excellence Scholarship is now available for all Undergraduate and International Students in all fields at the University of St. Andrews, United Kingdom.
Scholarship Benefits: For all undergraduate international students in the UK, the University of St. Andrews will be providing a £25,000 stipend.
It is only accessible for students who are first year undergraduate students.
To qualify for this opportunity, participants are required to be admitted to an undergraduate degree program at the university and then submit a scholarship application.
- Applicants must contribute two references, one academic and one personal recommendation letter, not to exceed 200 words each;
- An additional photo that complies with UKVI photo rules;
- Certificate ATAS, if required;
- Motivational essay for the student’s application: maximum 250 words. It needs to involve why the student is pursuing this educational opportunity, describe specifically how they hope to profit from the opportunities offered by the scholarship, and also explain exactly how they feel they can be of benefit to the broader community while pursuing a degree at the University of St. Andrews. In addition, they must explain the academic accomplishments that they feel will contribute to the success of the application.
The University of St Andrews maintains a wide range of open entry requirements to encourage all students, independent of their origins or personal experiences, to enter the University.
In order to prove their ability to speak English, students will be required to complete an English language test based on their academic achievements.
Please visit the official website for more details: