Accounting JAMB Exam 2022/2023 Questions and Answers (CBT)
JAMB Accounting, 40 possible JAMB questions and answers, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Questions and Answers in Financial Accounting | I will provide you with free examples of previous JAMB Economics exam questions in this study guide. You will comprehend the format of the JAMB Accounting examination as well as many other exam specifics.2022–2023 JAMB Agriculture Exam Questions and Answers (CBT)
Welcome to the JAMB Accounting CBT exam questions and answers for 2022/2023. I think you are one of the applicants looking for JAMB 2022 Accounting exam questions and solutions online. This is the appropriate place for you if that is the case.https://bekeking.com/jamb-accounting-questions-and-answers/
Accounting JAMB Exam Questions and Solutions
1. The officer with the role of ascertaining whether all public expenditure and appropriation are in time with the approved guideline is the
C. Auditor General
ANSWER: C (Auditor General)
2. The cash basis of accounting needs the recognition of revenue only when they are
A. sent Out
ANSWER: D (Received)
3. Responsibility accounting is mainly concerned with
A. variable cost
B. fixed cost
C. controllable costs
D. uncontrollable costs
ANSWER: C (Controllable costs)
4. Earnings per share is a measure of
ANSWER: B (Profitability)
5. Subscription owned by members of a club is a/an
D. club ownership
ANSWER: C (Asset)
6. The subscription paid in advance is treated in the balance sheet of a club as
ANSWER: A (liability)
7. The transportation of goods from head office to branch is treated in the head office accounts as
C. goods transfer
D. goods migration
ANSWER: A (Sales)
18. One of the following is a well known cause of the discrepancy between head office and branch trial balance
A. creditor in transit
B. debtor and cash in transit
C. cash in transit
D. cash movement
ANSWER: B (Debtors and cash in transit)
9. Which type of stock valuation method would a vegetable seller adopt in valuing its product?
ANSWER: D (FIFO)
10. The transactions relating to liquidation in partnership account is drawn by using
A. credit account
B. debit account
C. cash account
D. property account
ANSWER: A (cash account)
11. The discount column of a three column cashbook is not balanced off but periodically transferred to the discount account because discounts?
A. are not important in cashbooks.
B. are cash items only.
C. do not form part of double entry.
D. are used for bank reconciliation.
12. When is a petty cash account debited?
A. When the fund is established and every time money is spent.
B. When the fund is established and every time it is replenished.
C. When the fund is established and when the size of the float is decreased.
D. Every time money is drawn from the petty cash.
13. When preparing a bank reconciliation statement, one of the following is subtracted from the balance per bank statement?
A. Bank charges.
B. Uncleared cheques.
C. Returned cheques.
D. unpresented cheques.
14. The financial position of an organization at a particular time can be ascertained from the?
A. statement of sources and application of funds
B. statement of retained earnings
C. balance sheet
D. profit and loss account
Items Price (Naira)
Carriage inwards 5,000
Carriage outwards 5,000
Opening stock 10,000
Closing stock 5,000
15. What is the cost of goods sold?
16. The net profit or loss for the year is determined in profit and loss account after?
A. deducting purchases from sales
B. deducting cost of goods sold from sales and adding administrative expenses
C. adding commissions received to gross profit
D. eliminating all expenses from gross profit and adding any other income
17. If a bad debt previously written off is subsequently repaid, the amount collected is recorded as an
A. income in the profit and loss account
B. income in the balance sheet
C. additional cash in the profit and loss account
D. expense in the balance sheet
18. Beginning and ending accounts receivable balances were N8,000 and N15,000 respectively. If collections from customers during the period were N36,000, then total sales on account would be
19. From which of the following sources are creditors control account most likely to be posted?
A. supplier’s invoices
B. cash disbursements journal
C. subsidiary debtors ledger
D. purchases journal
20. One of the following categories of labour cost will be classified as direct?
A. accountant’s salary
B. factory workers’ salary
C. managing director’s salary
D. cashier’s salary