How to Correct Mistakes in NYSC Portal

correct mistakes in nysc portal

Did you make a mistake in the year or month perhaps day of your birth? Do you wish to correct the error or even change the date of birth for NYSC mobilization? No doubt, yes will likely be your answer. In this article we will discuss vividly the two ways you can rectify such errors before NYSC mobilization.

One way is through NYSC portal the other is through Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). These two ways are the only possible means prospective Corpers can correct errors made in the date of birth. Now we’re going to discuss the first method.

NYSC Portal

Following the steps below you can be able to correct the mistake of date of birth right inside NYSC portal once you have an account with NYSC;

  • Buy WAEC Result Check Pin in any educational Cyber Café or any First Bank branch
  • Login to your Dashboard. To Login, enter your email address and password used to create an account during NYSC Registration.
  • Next, Click on Resume Registration link.
  • Click on the “Change Date of Birth” icon. On clicking that, a page will pop-up showing a form to fill.
  • Fill in the form and ensure they’re accurate before you submit.


The WARCRAFT Result Check Pin you obtained will be used by the  NYSC database. You will not be able edit the Date of Birth by yourself, rather NYSC will import the Date of Birth in you WACE profile to your NYSC account details. So it is good to remember that once there is an error in the Date of Birth on your WACE profile it can be rectified

Next method will highlight ways you can edit your Date of Birth before it gets to the NYSC portal.


NYSC uses the information Jamb supplies to them to determine your Date of Birth and you can alter that if there is a need.

To do so, ensure that your Institution’s Senate list for NYSC is yet to come out.

Then visit any Jamb office and request for a change of Date of Birth.

Follow up their criteria regarding the correction of the error.

Once you’re done with that aspect, rush to the Students Affairs Directorate of your institution and let them know the correction you have made concerning your Date of Birth.


If you didn’t do any of the above methods to correct your Date of Birth, you can’t be able to do so again Registration in the Orientation Camp.

Exemption Due to age

Are you a PCMs? Do you think you might be exempted during NYSC Registration? Probably there were mistakes made during any of the registration both in Jamb or NYSC thus leading you to be exempted for NYSC. Don’t lose hope, using any of the above methods you can correct the mistake and surely you won’t be exempted once you have not reached 30years or above.

Be the first to comment