Welcome to the JAMB Physics CBT exam questions and answers for 2022/2023. I think you are a candidate looking for JAMB 2022 Physics exam questions and solutions online. This is the appropriate spot for you if that is the case.
physics questions and answers for the jamb
Many science students who registered for JAMB 2022 have also come to this page to look for JAMB 2022 Physics Answers on Google, JAMB 2022 Physics Answers to Questions, and JAMB 2022 Physics CBT Answers,JAMB Physics Expo 2022, JAMB 2022 Physics runs.https://jambadmission.com.ng/jamb-physics-questions-answers/
It is very crucial to understand some important things in physics. For instance, you should understand that when a body starts from rest, the initial velocity is zero (u = 0) and when it comes to rest, the final velocity is zero (v = 0).
Physics has a few unique topics that must be covered in order for Jamb to set questions on them. These subjects are listed below:
Today JAMB 2022 Physics Questions And Answers (Expo)
JAMB 2022 Physics answers/expo loading…
Note: The practice questions for the JAMB 2022 Physics exam are below. Read them through, and be prepared to perform well on your JAMB mock exam and JAMB 2022 Physics CBT examination.
1. The equation X15062 => Y150 63 + -1 + energy, stands for
A. Alpha decay
C. Gamma decay
D. Photon emission
ANSWER: B (Beta-decay)
2. The ice and steam points of a thermometer are 20mm and 100mm respectively. A temperature of 75 degree celsius corresponds to Y mm on the thermometer. What is Y?
A. 100 mm
B. 70 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 60 mm
ANSWER: C (80mm)
3. When a yellow card is observed through a blue glass, the card would appear as
ANSWER: A (Black)
4. In a nuclear plant, the final mass of the products is 6.32×10^-27kg, while the initial mass of the reactant is 6.30×10^-27kg, the energy released in the process is (speed of light in vacuum 3.0×10^8m/s, 1eV = 1.6×10^-19J)
B. 11.25 MJ
ANSWER: A (11.25meV)
5. A 1.5kg stone was thrown vertically upward with an initial velocity of 42m/s, Calculate the potential energy of the stone at the highest point reached.
ANSWER: A (11.25meV)
6. When two objects P and Q are supplied with the same quantity of heat, the temperature change in p is observed to be twice that of Q. The mass of P is half that of Q. The ratio of the specific heat of P to Q is
ANSWER: C (1:1)
7. The following statements were made by some students describing what occured during the determination of the melting point of solids
1. The temperature of the solid was constant until melting started
2. The temperature of the solid rose until melting started
3. During melting, the temperature was rising
4. During melting, the temperature was constant
5. The temperature continued to rise after all the solid had melted.
6. The temperature stopped rising after all the solid had melted. One of the following provides the correct statements in the right order?
A. 2, 4 and 5
B. 2, 3 and 6
C. 1, 3 and 6
D. 1, 3 and 5
ANSWER: A (2, 4, and 5)
8. A silver spoon and a wooden spoon are both at room temperature. The silver spoon is cooler to touch because silver
A. has a greater density
B. can be polished
C. is a less absorbent material than wood
D. is a better conductor of heat
ANSWER: D (is a better conductor of heat)
9. A long jumper leaves the ground at an angle of 20 degrees above the horizontal and at a speed of 11m/s. How far does it jump in the horizontal direction?
ANSWER: B (7.49)
10. The thrust due to hydrostatic pressure alone on the bottom of a fish tank which is 60cm x 40cm when the depth of water is 30cm is?
ANSWER: C (720 N)
11. An object of mass 50g is suspended from the end of a spiral spring of force constant 0.5N/m, the body is set into simple harmonic motion with 0.3m displacement. The period of the motion is
ANSWER: B (1.99s)
12. If 21g of alcohol of density 0.7gcm^-3 is mixed with 10g of water, what would be the density of the resulting mixture?
ANSWER: B (0.78gcm^-3 )
13. Two masses 50g and 70g are suspended from the respective ends of a light metre rule, the centre of gravity of the system is
ANSWER: B (52.3 cm )
14. A transformer which can produce 10V from a 240V a.c supply has an efficiency of 60%. If the current in the secondary winding coil is 15A, the current in the primary coil is
A. 15.0 A
B. 1.04 A
C. 16.04 A
D. 13.96 A
ANSWER: B (1.04 A )
15. The acceleration due to gravity does —–
A. increases with increasing altitude
B. decreases with increasing altitude
C. increases with an increase in the square of the altitude
D. is not affected by the altitude
ANSWER: B (decrease with increase in the square of the altitude )
16. A nail is pulled from a wall with a string tied to the nail. If the string is inclined at an angle of 30 degrees to the wall and the tension in the string is 50N, the effective force used in pulling the nail is:
B. 25 SQRT(3)
C. 50 N
D. 50 SQRT(3)
ANSWER: A (25 N )
17. The electromagnetic waves that are sensitive to temperature changes are
A. Ultra-violet rays
C. Infra-red rays
ANSWER: C (Infrared rays )
18. A boy of mass m, suspended from a spring, is put into simple harmonic motion. If the motion has amplitude A and the spring constant k, the maximum potential energy of the mass is
B. 0.5 kA^2
ANSWER: B (0.5 KA^2 )
19. A transformer connected to a 240V a.c, source has 500 turns in its primary winding and 25 turns in its secondary winding. Find the e.m.f induced in the secondary winding
A. 9.6 V
B. 12.0 V
C. 120.0 V
D. 52.1 V
ANSWER: B (12.0 V )
20. The fundamental frequency of vibration of a sonometer wire may be halved by
A. doubling the length of the wire
B. doubling the mass of the wire
C. reducing the tension by half
D. reducing the absolute temperature
ANSWER: A (doubling the length of the wire )
21. A car of mass 800kg attains a speed of 25m/s in 20 secs. The power developed in the engine is
A. 25 x 104 W
B. 50 x 104 W
C. 25 x 106W
D. 50 x 106 W
22. When the brakes in a car are applied, the frictional force on the tyres
A. is a disadvantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
B. is a disadvantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
C. is an advantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
D. is an advantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
23. If the stress on a wire is 107NM-2 and the wire is stretched from its original length of 10.00 cm to 10.05 cm. The young’s modulus of the wire is
A. 5.0 x 104 Nm-2
B. 5 .0 x 105 Nm-2
C. 2.0 x 108 Nm-2
D. 2.0 x 109 Nm-2
24. A solid weigh 10 .00 N in air, 6 N when fully immersed in water and 7.0 N when fully immersed in a liquid X. Calculate the relative density of the liquid, X.
25. When the temperature of liquid increases, its surface tension
C. Remain Constant
D. Increases then decrease
26. A gas at a volume of Vo in a container at pressure Po is compressed to one-fifth of its volume. What will be its pressure if the magnitude of its original temperature T is constant?
27. A waterfall is 420m high, calculate the difference in temperature of the water between the top and bottom of the waterfall assuming no heat is lost. [speciﬁc heat capacity of water = 4.20 * 103Jkg-1K-1g=10-2]
A. 10° C
B. 42.0° C
C. 4.2° C
28. A body when slightly displaced is said to be in neutral equilibrium only if it tends to
A. comes to rest in a new position with the centre of gravity and height remaining unchanged
B.return to its original position
C.remain in its displaced position
D. move further away from its original position while its centre of mass changes
29. A string of length 5m is extended by 0.04m when a load of 0.8kg is suspended at the end. How far will it extend if a force of 16N is applied? [g = 1Oms-2]
30. Which of the following has negligible mass?
B. Gamma rays
C. Beta particles
D. Alpha particles
31. How can energy loss be minimized through Eddy-current?
A. By using a high resistance wire
B. By using insulated soft iron wires
C. By using low resistance wires
D. By using turns of wires
32. Calculate the upthrust on an object of volume 50cm3 which is immersed in a liquid of density 103kgm-3. [g = 10ms-2]
33. Which of the following would appear when a white screen is illuminated by red and green light?
34. I. Refraction II. Interference III. Diffraction, Which of the above properties are common to all waves?
A. II and III only
B. I, II and IIII
C. I and II only
D. I and III only
35. Find the electric ﬁeld intensity between two plates of potential difference 6.5V when separated by a distance of 35cm
A. 18.57 NC-1
B. 53.06 NC-1
C. 2.28 NC-1
D. 0.80 NC-1
36. The distance between the image and the object in a plane mirror is 40cm if the distance of the object is reduced by 9.2cm, what is the distance of the object from the mirror?
37. Calculate the potential energy of an object of mass 10kg placed on a building floor 10m above the ground level. [g=10m-2]
38. The volume of a ﬁxed mass of gas is 10cm3 when its pressure is 400cmHg. Find the volume of the gas when its pressure is 200cmHg.
A. 30 cm3
B. 40 cm3
C. 50 cm3
D. 20 cm3
39. The product PV where P is pressure and V is volume has the same unit as
40. What is the cost of running seven 40W lamps and five 80W lamps for 12 hours if the electrical energy cost ₦ 7.00kWk?
A. ₦ 80.00
B. ₦ 45.36
C. ₦ 65.00
D. ₦ 57.12
For the 2022/2023 CBT tests, the JAMB Physics questions and answers are shown above.
How to Upload Your O’Level Results to the JAMB Portal in 2022 or 2023 (A Step by Step Guide) Have you been wondering how to post O-level results on the JAMB portal (WAEC, NECO, etc.)? Follow the instructions in this post and you won’t need to worry about uploading your O-level results to the JAMB […]
Questions and Answers for the JAMB Use of English Exam for 2022–2023 (CBT) Answers to JAMB English questions, JAMB Use of English questions, and Use of English JAMB 2022 Exam Questions. I’ll provide you with free access to previous JAMB Use of English random repeated questions in this study guide. You will comprehend the format […]
Accounting JAMB Exam 2022/2023 Questions and Answers (CBT) JAMB Accounting, 40 possible JAMB questions and answers, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Questions and Answers in Financial Accounting | I will provide you with free examples of previous JAMB Economics exam questions in this study guide. You will comprehend the format of the JAMB Accounting examination […]