The La Luz Scholarship is presently accepting applications, with a focus on first-generation college students. The La Luz Scholarship is therefore thoroughly reviewed in this article, along with instructions on how to apply.
Fabio Pea, a first-generation college student and MBA candidate at Albers, established the La Luz Scholarship Foundation. Additionally, the La Luz scholarship is open to immigrants from all over the world because it is primarily designed for first-generation students, regardless of immigration status.
The question “What is a First-gen student” may be on your mind. A first-generation college student is one whose parents did not earn a four-year degree from an accredited college or university. So, if you’re a first-generation student, it implies you’re the first person in your immediate family to go to college.
According to the La Luz Foundation, first-generation students encounter unique difficulties such as navigating the difficult college admissions process, adjusting to the strange campus environment, and submitting scholarship applications.
70% of persons between the ages of 22 and 59 had at least one parent with a bachelor’s degree, according to the Pew Research Center. In contrast to the remaining 26% of first-generation students who make up 70%, they do not hold a bachelor’s degree.
The La Luz Foundation views higher education as a means of affecting positive change within people, families, and communities. Additionally, the foundation envisions a neighborhood where people value a quality education. In order to accomplish this, the La Luz Scholarship Foundation keeps up the following activities:
- promote post-secondary education and offer financial aid for it
- Give students tips on how to save aside money for education.
Table of Contents
The La Luz Scholarship is open to students who fulfill specific requirements. These requirements comprise the following:
- American seniors in high school, undergraduates, and graduate students
- regardless of immigration status, available to all first-generation college students.
- For the 2022–2023 academic year, prepare to enroll full-time in a recognized community college, public or private institution, or graduate program.
Applying for the La Luz Scholarship
The La Luz Scholarship application process entails a few steps. The following is a list of these processes:
- Applications for La Luz are all made online. Visit the scholarship’s official website to submit your application.
- ,, and,,, thes, thes, thes, thes, thessent Take your time when completing the application to improve your chances of receiving the scholarship. Be mindful of the deadline while you complete the scholarship application, though.
- You must also prepare an essay for the application that is 500 words or less in length. The simple part should be answering the question. How has your academic path been impacted by being a first-generation college student? & What financial support will you receive from this scholarship?
- Applications for La Luz will be accepted on the Pea and Co. website through Thursday, September 15, 2023. National First-Generation College Student Day, observed on November 8, 2023, will mark the announcement of the scholarship winner.
How to Fund the Scholarship
There are three main sources of funding for the scholarship. As follows:
- Through partnerships with major corporations, charitable organizations, and small, local businesses, the scholarship is funded. These businesses will be given the option to donate a portion of their sales proceeds or to donate money to charity.
- The La Luz Scholarship is also supported via crowdsourcing. That entails receiving funds from a huge number of people who each make a modest contribution. The majority of this is done online.
- Sale of clothing with our First Hub or Pea & Co. logos (shirts, hoodies, etc.)
Last but not least, the La Luz scholarship is created especially for first-generation college students. That is, students whose parent(s) did not get a four-year degree from an accredited college or institution. Applying for the scholarship should be simple if you follow the advice in this article.