WAEC Biology Questions and Answers 2022. I will provide you with free access to WAEC Biology objective and theory repeated questions. You’ll also learn how WAEC Biology questions are constructed, as well as a variety of other examination elements.
The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) is a Nigerian examination board that holds exams in May/June and November/December for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education, respectively.
WAEC Biology Objectives and Essay Answers 2022
Biology 1 (Objective) – 11:10am –12:00noon
2022 WAEC BIOLOGY OBJECTIVES (OBJ) ANSWERS:
2022 WAEC BIOLOGY ESSAY OR THEORY ANSWERS:
(ii) Red blood cell
(iii) White blood cell
(ii) White blood cells
(iii) Red blood cells
(v) Red blood cells
(vii) White blood cells
(i) Amino acids
(iii) Mineral salts and water
(iii) Blood clots
(1e) Blood disease is serious since it can lead to additional problems and, as a result, death.
(2a) The development of teeth and their arrangement in the mouth of animals is referred to as dentition.
(2b) The crown, neck, and root are the three primary parts of the tooth. The crown is located above the gym and is made of a white hard substance known as enamel. The gum covers the short neck. A material called cement or cementum embeds the root in the jaw bone.
Draw the diagram
11:05 am, 10/09/2021] Fullclub: (3a)
IN A TABULA FORM
(i)Decomposer prevents the accumulation of dead organisms
(ii)Increases the soil fertility
(iii)Helps in breaking down biodegradable items
[11:06 am, 10/09/2021] Fullclub: (3a)
IN A TABULA FORM
(iv) Plant Nutrients
(i) Decomposer prevent accumulation of dead organisms
(ii) Increase soil fertility
(iii) Helps to break down biodegradable items
(i) Non-biodegradable item
more Answers loading…
The questions listed below are the WAEC Biology Questions. Read through them and be ready to score high in your WAEC 2022 Biology Examination.
1. The name of the scientist who introduced binomial nomenclature in the classification of organisms was
A. Charles Darwin
B. Carolus Linnaeus
C. John Ray
D. Louis Pasteur
2. Which of the following statements is true about arthropods?
A. Prothorax bears only legs
B. Mesothorax bears only legs
C. Metathorax bears only wings
D. Prothorax bears only wings
3. What level of organization is Spirogyra?
A. Organ system
4. The streaming movement of cytoplasm in the paramecium is called as
5. Which of the following organelles is found only on plant cells?
6. Active transport differs from diffusion in that an active transport
A. Is a very fast process
B. Allows for the movement of substances against concentration gradient
. C. Takes places in both light or dark reactions of photosynthesis
D. Occurs in both of plant and animal tissues.
The diagrams below is an illustration of an experimental set-up to demonstrate a type of tropic response in plants. Study them and answer questions 7 and 8
7. The type of response demonstrated is
8. The conclusion drawn from the experiment is that
A. Shoots of plants are negatively thigmotropic.
B. Shoots of plants are negatively geotropic.
C. Leaves of plants are positively phototropic.
D. Roots of plants are positively hydrotropic.
9. The odontoid process is found on the
A. Axis vertebra
B. Atlas vertebra
C. Thoracic vertebra
D. Sacral vertebra
10. After three hours of standing in a red ink solution, a transverse piece of a seedling’s stem was inspected under a microscope. The procedure under investigation was
A. The significance of plant microelements.
B. Water ascent through the xylem.
Diffusion of colored materials.
D. Food distribution in plants.
11. Which of the following structures will carry out respiration?
A. Germinating cowpea.
B. Decolorized leaf
C. Dry leaf.
D. Boiled cowpea
12. Which of these substances is not an excretory product of animals?
A. Carbon dioxide
13. In living organisms, an example of homeostasis is
Evaporation of water from the body surface causes a cooling effect.
B. A plant’s root hairs spreading toward a light source
C. Chameleons change their body color to match the color of the plant they are resting on.
D. Phosphorus release into the phloem of a plant growing in phosphorus-deficient soil.
14. Ultrafiltration in the kidney takes place in the
A. Renal vein
C. Loop of Henle
D. Bowman’s capsule
15. The thyroid gland is located at the base of the
16. Which of the following claims concerning neuronal responses to stimuli is true?
A. Neurones respond to any strength of stimuli.
B. Neurones respond in fast succession to all stimuli.
C. During the absolute period, neurons respond more quickly.
D. Before the neurones may be activated, the stimulus intensity must reach a threshold value.
17. Which of the following practices can cause an eye infection? Make use of
A. Contact lenses
B. Convex lenses
C. Biconcave lenses
D. Concave lenses.
18. The structure for gaseous exchange on breathing roots is
The diagram below illustrates the life cycle of an insect. Study it and answer question 19 and 20
19. The adult insect in this life cycle is
20. The larva is also known as
21. The source of energy required by plants during food production is
22. One major difference btw plants and animal nutrition is the ability of plants to synthesize
A. Food for plants and animals
B Water for plants
C. Water for animals
D. Food for plants only.
23. By what process is starch converted into maltose?
24. The ascent of water in tall tree is mainly due to
A. Adhesive forces
B. Transpiration pull
C. Root pressure
D. Cohesive force
25. A person’s duodenum was surgically removed. Which of the following chemicals will be altered by digestion?
A. Starch and protein only
B. Starch and lipids
C. Starch, protein and maltose
D. Starch, protein and lipids.
26. Which of the following dental formulae represents the dentition in rabbits?
A. 12/1 C 0/0 P 3/2 M 2/3
B. 1 2/2 C 1/1 P 2/2 M 3/3
C. 1 ½ C 0/0 P 2/3 M 3/3
D.1 2/1 C 0/1 P 3/2 M 3/3
An experimental set-up is depicted in the diagram below.
Demonstrate a soil property. Examine it and respond to questions 27 and 28.
27. The property of soil demonstrated is
A. Particle size
28. Which of the following statements would be a correct observation at the end of the experiment? Water moves
A. Highest in sandy soil
B. Lowest in loamy soil
C. To the same level in all soil types
D. Highest in clayed soil.
29. The most important factor(s) that influence(s) the ecological niche of an organism is/are the
A. Water, light and predator-prey relationship.
B. Food and water availability.
C. Physical environment.
D. Competition for food and space
30. The figure below depicts creatures in an airtight tank. The organism’s most crucial requirement is
A. Light energy
B. Low humidity
31. Which of these instruments is used to determine the turbidity of water?
C. Secchi disc
D. Rain gauge
32. In an ecosystem, the least efficient energy transfer link is from the
A. Secondary consumers to decompose.
B. Sun to producers
C. Primary consumers to secondary consumers.
D. Producer to primary consumers.
33. Xerophytes have the following characteristics aimed at conserving water except
A. Thick cuticle B. Broad leaf surfaces.
C. Sunken stomata
D. Waxy cuticle
34. An association between living organisms in which one lives on and feeds at the expenses of the other is known as
35. When a large number of organisms share limited space and resources, the immediate result is
36. Which of the following disease is caused by bacteria?
37. Wildlife conservation is vital primarily because
A. Wild animals are unable to resist sickness as well as domesticated animals.
B. Many predatory wild animals aid in pest management.
C. It protects species from extinction.
D. Observing wild animals is pleasurable for many individuals.
Two cognizant patients, X and Y, with AO and AB blood group genotypes, were transfused with blood from the same donor. Patient X began to have difficulties breathing right away, however patient Y had no negative reaction.
Use the information above to answer questions 38 and 39.
38. Patient X and Y were likely transfused with blood of genotype
39. What should have been done to prevent patient X from showing the symptom described above? Patient X should have
A. Undergone an agglutination test
B. Been asked for the blood group.
C. Been screened for HIV
D. Undergone malaria test.
40. The greatest contribution to genetic studies was made by who
A. Gregor Mendel
B. Thomas Morgan
C. Charles Darwin
D. Robert Hooke.
41. The exchange of genes between homologous chromosomes is called
A. Crossing over
B. Back cross
C. Test cross
The diagrams below show how coat inheritance is passed along in mice. Parents are J, K, L, M, and N. P, Q, R, and S are the offspring of two parent mice who were crossed. Examine the diagram and respond to questions 42 and 43.
42. Which parent mouse is heterozygous for coat colour,
43. Which of the offspring are all homozygous?
44. Genes that remain linked are those
A. Close to each other on the chromosomes.
B. On the same locus on the chromosomes
C. On the homologous chromosomes
D. Which are allelic pair
45. A plant cell has 14 chromosomes prior to mitosis. What is the number of chromosomes in the daughter cells?
46. The chemical bonds the bases of the two strands of DNA together is
B. Hydrogen bond
C. Electrovalent bond
D. Covalent bond
The diagram below is an illustration of one of the theories of evolution. Study it and answer questions 47 and 48
47. Who proposed the theory in the illustration?
A. Louis Pasteur
B. Gregor Mendel
C. Robert Hooke
D. Jean Lamarck
48. The theory supports
A. Struggle for survival
B. Natural selection
C. Independent assortment.
D. The use and disuse of body parts
49. In evolution, fossils are naturally preserved in
50. Which of the following insects is not a social insect?
WAEC Biology Essay and Objective 2022 (EXPO)
The above questions are likely WAEC Biology repeated questions and answers, rather than 2022 WAEC Biology questions and answers.
These are just practice questions. During the WAEC Biology examination in 2022, the WAEC Biology exhibition will be posted on this page. For the answers, keep checking and reloading this page.
WAEC Biology Questions and Answers 2022 Loading…
More answers loading…
Tips on How to Pass WAEC Biology Questions
Have a Target and Work Towards Actualizing it
I am confident that you have opted to pass WAEC Biology 2022. The next step is to define goals for yourself.
“I will get an A in WAEC Biology 2022,” you’ve persuaded yourself, but that’s not all. You must devise a strategy for achieving your goal. Make a schedule and a master strategy to reach your objectives.
Get the Recommended Textbook on Biology for 2022 WAEC Examination
In most cases, WAEC suggests literature for the exam. Apart from WAEC Literature in English, where specified novels are required, you are free to prepare for the WAEC 2022 exam with any acceptable English Language textbook.
Some textbooks are more challenging to comprehend than others. If you’re having trouble understanding a topic, invest in a textbook that will help you learn the material and make your life easier.
Do not Skip Biology Examples and Exercise you Will Come Across While Reading:
While studying textbooks, many candidates enjoy skipping exercises and even examples. Indeed, we adore notebooks to the point where we might wonder, “Can I read my notebook and still pass WAC Biology 2022?” Don’t be afraid to try out some Biology tasks. Face the difficulties.
Note: The preceding questions are most likely WAEC Biology Questions and Answers, not actual WAEC Biology Questions and Answers.
If you have any queries concerning the WAEC Biology Questions and Answers, please ask them in the comment section and we will respond as soon as possible.
Please remember to share this WAEC Questions and Answers 2022 material with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook share button or any of the social media share buttons below.