The WAEC Geography questions and answers are listed below. WAEC Geography objective, map reading (WAEC Geography Practical), and essay problems are all available for free. You’ll also learn how WAEC Geography questions are created, as well as anything else you need to know about the WAEC Geography test.
WAEC Geography Objectives Questions and Answers
1. Villages develop into urban centres when they ____
A. attract more people
B. produce enough food
C. establish educational institutions
D. grow in commerce and industry.
2. By how many times will a map measuring 12cm by 7cm be enlarged to make its area 336cm2?
B. Three times
C. Four times
D. Five times.
3. Eluviation is a term used to describe the process of .
Soluble substances are removed from the soil’s higher layers A. Soluble substances are deposited in the soil’s top layers B.
D. fine particles are deposited in the top layers of the soil C. fine particles are removed from one layer of the soil to another
4. The seasonal migration of animals is known as transhumance.
A. from the plains to the mountains
B. following the rains from north to south C. in the semiarid steppes D. in search of water and pasture
5. Variations in day and night lengths over the earth’s surface are caused by the .
The tilt of the earth to the sun and its revolution
B. the earth’s rotation and its tilt to the sun
C. the circumference of the earth’s orbit
D. the Earth’s Atmosphere’s Thickness
6. The creation of is caused by the gradual expansion of joints and fissures in limestone caused by solutions.
C. caves and caverns D. cliffs and dry valleys
A. grikes and clints
B. stalactites and stalagmites
C. caves and caverns
D. cliffs and dry valleys
7. Latent heat is created when condensation happens in a rising air mass.
A. absorbed by CO2
B. lost to the atmosphere
C. retained in water molecules
D. released as sensible heat
8. There are two sorts of clouds with a large vertical extent that produce a lot of rain: and .
A. cumulus and stratus
B. cumulus and cumulo-nimbus
C. cumulo-nimbus and nimbostratus
D. strato-cumulus and nimbostratus
9. For long-distance travel, the cheapest mode of transportation is
10. What is the distance between two spots on a 1:50,000 scale map if the distance between them on the ground is 35mm?
A. 1.50 kilometers,
B. 1.55 kilometers,
C. 1.75 kilometers, and
D. 1.85 kilometers.
11. What is the area of a cocoa plantation depicted on a map with a scale of 1:50,000 and a rectangle 5 cm by 4 cm on the map?
A 5 km2
B 6 km2
C 20 km2
D 25 km2
12. On which of the following pairs of dates is the length of day and night equal on the earth’s surface?
A. June 21st and September 21st
B. March 22nd and December 22nd
C. June 21st and December 22nd
D. March 21st and September 23rd.
13. Lakes formed as a result of landslides, screes or avalanches are known as _____
A. man-made lakes
B. barrier lakes
C. caldera lakes
D. rock-hollow lakes.
14. Which of the following is a major environmental problem in heavily industrialized regions?
A. Accelerated erosion
B. Water pollution
C. Frost damage
D. acid rain.
15. The crossing of a boundary between two countries by a migrant is best described as ____
D. international migration.
16. A process whereby a plant community is replaced by another is known as ________
17. The duration of sunshine is measured by the ______
A. aneroid barometer
B. Campbell-Stokes recorder
D. minimum-maximum thermometers.
18. Quartz, feldspar and mica are three principal minerals that can easily be seen in _____
19. The rock with the least carbon content is ______
20. The process by which organic matter is decomposed and synthesized to form part of the soil is known as ______
21. Which of the following groups consists of energy resources?
A. Petroleum, uranium and manganese
B. Coal, bauxite and uranium
C. Water, copper and sun
D. Coal, petroleum and water.
22. A piece of evidence that confirms that the earth is spherical is _______
A. Standard time
B. solar system
C. earth’s orbit
D. moon’s eclipse.
23. A tremendous pressure or temperature change may lead to the formation of ______
24. Which of the following sources of power supply is renewable?
25. Hygrometer is used to measure ______
B. wind direction
C. relative humidity
26. The largest ocean in the world is the _______
A. Atlantic Ocean
B. Indian Ocean
C. Arctic Ocean
D. Pacific Ocean.
27. Rock minerals are said to be crystalline when the atoms forming them are _______
A. found in sedimentary rocks
B. found in crystalline rocks
C. arranged in definite pattern
D. arranged vertically.
28. The difference in time between two longitudes is approximately ______
A. 15 hours
B. 40 minutes
C. 4 hours
D. 4 minutes.
29. A slope is said to be even when the contours are _________
A. equally spaced
C. closely spaced
D. irregularly spaced.
WAEC Geography Questions and Answers Essay and Objectives 2022 (Expo)
The above questions are likely WAEC Geography repeated questions and answers, rather than 2022 WAEC Geography questions and answers.
These questions are just meant to be used for practice. On the day of the WAEC Geography examination, the 2022 WAEC Geography exhibition will be available on this page. For the answers, keep checking and reloading this page.
Loading WAEC English Questions and Answers 2022
Tips for Passing the WAEC Geography Exam in 2022 Tip 1: Study Hard
It is common knowledge that academic performance is proportional to hard work when prayer is maintained. While studying for your WAEC exam, read your books as if it were the only thing you had to do.
Tip 2: Review past WASSCE Geography questions.
You can attest to the fact that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) questions are always repeated every year.
Reading past WAEC Geography questions will give you an idea of what you should know as a WAEC candidate.
We may read our textbooks and yet be unsure of which subject to concentrate on. Past WAEC Geography questions will show you where you should focus your efforts.
If you have any questions concerning WAEC Geography Questions and Answers 2022, please leave a comment.
Be the first to comment
You must log in to post a comment.