Instead of just sitting at home waiting on NYSC for posting or screaming on social media “what is the point in NYSC anyway?!” You can just work to improve yourself; learn a skill, get any job to keep you sane or go learn a vocation that would help you in the long run. A lot of people actually survived their service year not just on the #19,800 but also on the extra cash their skills could get them.
– ABC of Blogging
– Different monetization packages
– Mobile app creation (applet)
– Buying and reselling domain names
– Creating custom emails
– Running a bulk sms, airtime and data sales site
– Music/video promotion and hype
– Growing social media followers
– Content writing coaching.
Drinks cover personal use and for events or for sale. Some drinks to learn in this category include:
– Cocktails (different types)
– Mocktails (different types)
– Smoothies (different types for kids and adults)
– Ice-creams and yoghurts
Foods are also divided into desserts and main dish.
Desserts to learn in this category include:
– Finger foods or small chops (peanut burger, fish fingers, meat balls, meatpies and many other snacks)
– Cakes (sponge, fruit, chocolate, red velvet etc) and simple icing like butter icing.
– Flour products like bread (without using oven and using other products aside flour), pancakes (using other products aside flour) etc
Aside desserts, other foods include rice and soups for events or personal consumption.
– Rice varieties (fried, coconut, Ofada, risotto, jollof, white, sauced)
– Soups (egusi, groundnut, peppersoup).
– Venturing into events planning; getting and keeping clients; maximizing costs for more profits.
– Laundry wash
– Dish wash
– Toilet wash
– Car wash
– Scouring powder
– Various body creams for different skin types
– Bathing soap (tablet and liquid)
– Petroleum jelly
– Body Spray
– After shave spray
– Hair shampoo/conditioner
– Hair creams and gels
– Packaging and marketing products
– Running a mini spa/salon
Whatever you do, just be sure to weigh the pros and cons and be sure it will be a decision you will enjoy at the long run. Better to report at your state of deployment with your armors fully loaded than heading to a place you think you know and not getting anything out of there. What do you think?