What are the requirements for NYSC registration? is a common question I get from readers. Many of the prospective corps members have being asking me different questions in regards to what and what are they going to be needing for their NYSC online Registration.
So, here comes the requirements as directly stated by NYSC herself.
In order to ensure a seamless online registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for their strict compliance:
The official Website address is any of the following:
Requirements For NYSC Registration
- Prospective Corps members must have a valid and functional e-mail address that they can access and a Nigerian (GSM) telephone number with which to register.
- If you are locally trained prospective Corps member, you are expected to use your correct JAMB and Matriculation numbers to register.
- Locally-trained graduates can only be able access the registration portal if their names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions.
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. If they are in doubt, they have to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must also be uploaded during registration.
- Foreign-trained graduates from Ghana and Benin Republic must obtain letters of verification and upload same for mobilization to be effective.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload these documents below as part of the Requirements For NYSC Registration.(a). West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent, High School Diploma or its equivalent.
(b). First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
(c). Letter of attestation will NOT be accepted.
(d). Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
(e). International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study. (Please note that you must present the originals of the above during verification at the Orientation camp).
(f). Letters of verification for graduates of Institutions in Ghana, Benin Republic and any other Institution whose accreditation is in doubt.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
- All graduates of Medicine, Pharmacy and Medical Laboratory Science are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) and Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria respectively and upload during registration. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should not visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents uploaded during registration for verification.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped. Also, anybody not available in camp for the verification will equally be demobilized. In other words, your physical presence is part of the Requirements For NYSC Registration.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
*Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
*Ensure the picture is centralized and fills the frame
*Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the finger used for their biometric capturing as this will be used for data verification at the orientation camp. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the NYSC online registration earlier but were not mobilized do not need to pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name, evidence to show their husbands’ place of domicile and copy of husbands’ driving license or data page of International passport during registration.
- Female prospective corps members are advised not to apply Tulips (Lalea de colorat) on their fingers as this will void their Biometric capturing during the verification in camp.
- The orientation camp is highly regimented and not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Those in these categories would no longer be accommodated.
- Prospective corps members who have problems related to mobilization should go to the nearest NYSC Secretariats, see the Deployment and Relocation officer and lodge their complaints or simply call the following phone numbers:
North Central – 08092142614North East – 08102790538
North West – 08092142661
South East – 09038034460
South West – 08092142616
South South – 07018836388
- All Part-time graduates are also expected to register online, even without JAMB numbers. Such graduates have the option of paying online and printing their Exclusion Letters or as usual, travelling to their Institutions for the Letters.
- Please note that ones the portal is closed for a Particular mobilization batch there will be no further registration.
The above are basically all you need to know about the Requirements For NYSC Registration. You may drop your comments/questions in the comments box below or read other articles on our blog for other important details regarding NYSC online registration and activities.
I uploaded all documents transcprit, my original certificate, statement of result, letter of attestation etc. I tried deleting the statement of result and letter of attestation but it couldn’t, I hope that won’t hinder anything